What is Gout?
At Acupuncture of Columbia, our passion is helping you rediscover the joys of a life free from chronic pain or illness. With our expert practitioners and individualized treatment plans, we’re dedicated to guiding you on your journey towards holistic healing. If you’re ready to take the first step in addressing your pain or chronic condition, don’t hesitate to book an appointment with us. Experience the transformative power of acupuncture and let us help you reclaim your health and wellbeing. Together, we can chart a course towards a pain-free, healthier life.
Chemotherapy-induced neuropathy is a common side effect of certain cancer treatments that can cause damage to the peripheral nerves, resulting in a range of neurological symptoms. It is primarily characterized by pain, numbness, tingling, and weakness in the hands and feet. Chemotherapy drugs can affect the nerves responsible for transmitting signals between the central nervous system and the rest of the body, leading to nerve damage and dysfunction.
SYMPTOMS of Gout
If you have gout, you may encounter one or more of the following symptoms:
- Sudden and intense joint pain: Gout is characterized by excruciating pain that often occurs without warning. The pain is typically most severe during the first 24 hours of an attack and commonly affects the big toe. However, it can also affect other joints such as the ankle, knee, or wrist.
- Swelling and redness: The affected joint may become swollen, red, and warm to the touch. The inflammation is a result of the body’s immune response to the uric acid crystals deposited in the joint.
- Tenderness and sensitivity to touch: The joint may be tender and sensitive, making even the slightest touch or pressure painful.
- Limited range of motion: Gout can restrict the movement of the affected joint, leading to stiffness and difficulty in performing daily activities.
- Recurrent gout attacks: Gout often occurs in episodes or “attacks,” with periods of symptom remission in between. The frequency and duration of attacks can vary from person to person.
ACUPUNCTURE FOR Gout
Acupuncture can be a beneficial complementary therapy for managing gout and alleviating its symptoms. By targeting specific acupuncture points, it aims to reduce inflammation, promote circulation, and restore balance in the body. Benefits of acupuncture for gout include: