What is chronic fracture and bone pain?
At Acupuncture of Columbia, our passion is helping you rediscover the joys of a life free from chronic pain or illness. With our expert practitioners and individualized treatment plans, we’re dedicated to guiding you on your journey towards holistic healing. If you’re ready to take the first step in addressing your pain or chronic condition, don’t hesitate to book an appointment with us. Experience the transformative power of acupuncture and let us help you reclaim your health and wellbeing. Together, we can chart a course towards a pain-free, healthier life.
UNDERSTANDING chronic fracture and bone pain
Chronic fracture and bone pain refer to persistent pain and discomfort experienced in the site of a previously fractured bone. When a bone is fractured, the body initiates a natural healing process to repair the injury. However, in some cases, individuals may continue to experience pain even after the fracture has healed. This ongoing pain can significantly impact daily activities and quality of life.
Chronic fracture and bone pain can occur due to various factors, including nerve damage, inflammation, changes in blood flow, and altered biomechanics in the affected area. It can affect any bone in the body, with common sites including the limbs, spine, and hips. The pain can range from mild to severe, and it may be constant or intermittent.
SYMPTOMS of chronic fracture and bone pain
If you have chronic fracture and bone pain, you may experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- Persistent pain: The pain in the previously fractured area persists or returns regularly, even after the bone has healed.
- Discomfort with movement: Activities that involve putting weight or pressure on the affected bone can exacerbate the pain.
- Swelling and tenderness: The site of the previous fracture may exhibit swelling, tenderness, or increased sensitivity to touch.
- Limited mobility: Chronic fracture and bone pain can restrict the range of motion and make certain movements challenging.
- Functional limitations: The pain and discomfort can affect daily activities, such as walking, climbing stairs, or participating in sports or exercise.
- Impact on quality of life: Chronic fracture and bone pain can significantly affect overall well-being, causing physical discomfort and emotional distress.
microcurrent therapy for chronic fracture and bone pain
Microcurrent therapy can be a valuable complementary approach for managing chronic fracture and bone pain. It utilizes low-level electrical currents to stimulate the body’s natural healing processes and promote pain relief. Some potential benefits of microcurrent therapy for chronic fracture and bone pain include: